NIS Vision and Mission
Naseem International School inspires lifelong learners and global citizens.
We, the staff at Naseem International School, are committed to educating the whole person. We aim to provide a balanced education, which enables students to fulfill their potential in all areas of growth - intellectually, physically, emotionally, spiritually and socially - and empowers them to become the people they can and want to be.
We realize the importance of students becoming critical thinkers who can take care of themselves and compassionately care for others. Thus, they take an active, responsible part in shaping our society and saving the world.
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
At NIS we believe in providing a sound N-12 education for our students, enabling them to realize their full potential within the scope of the available facilities and resources.
Our philosophy is based on the mission statement which is founded on the deep-rooted belief in the individual’s freedom and the right to a balanced, comprehensive, spiritual, physical, cultural, intellectual and social education, a belief that stems from the principles and values of Islam. It further recognizes the importance of developing ethical and moral values, self-esteem, leadership and respect for the laws of this society.
From our philosophy arise the following aims for our school and for our students:
- To offer a bilingual, international education to students from Bahrain and other nations.
- To provide students with knowledge and attitudes which prepare them for continuing growth, further education and participation in the affairs of life to the maximum of each individual’s capabilities.
- To enable students to acquire skills, knowledge and understanding through an activity, inquiry-based learning programme and for the students to realize the relevance and benefits of such a programme and most of all, enjoy it.
- To guide students towards independence and self-discipline, recognizing that the schooling process includes both academic and social learning.
- To respect individual and cultural differences and provide for these differences as fully as school resources allow.
- To assist each student to acquire the greatest possible understanding of his/herself and an appreciation of his/her worth, as an individual and as a member of society.
- To encourage creativity and provide enrichment opportunities in addition to the development of basic skills.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop a high regard for health, physical development and fitness and the understanding that physical activity leads to a healthier and more productive life.
- To encourage community involvement on the part of the students and the active participation of their parents in the life of the school.
- To inculcate a sense of enjoyment in the search for mutual understanding and respect while striving to achieve personal and shared goals.